- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut into ¼” slices
- 3 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup diced, dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (I use ¼ t. dried)
- 4 cups no salt added vegetable broth
- 2/3 cups of lentils, red preferred but green works
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
Soften the onions in the heated oil in a 2 quart sauce pan.
Add carrots, garlic, cumin, and apricots. Sauté about 2 minutes.
Add lentils, broth, tomatoes, dried thyme and ginger. Bring to a boil.
Then turn down the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes until lentils are soft.
Add remaining ingredients.
Using an immersion blender puree until some of it is smooth. Enjoy!